You deserve to invest your time in meaningful, impactful work. Let’s discover what we can make happen, together.
You’ve put in hours upon hours of sweat equity to your career. You are committed, passionate, and driven to work with people that mean more than just a secure paycheck. You know that in order to make it happen, you need to do something different than what any job or organization is offering. But you’re still stuck on how to make the shift and change.
My Advising Program is designed to give you the skills and confidence to do work you dream about with people you care about. Through activity-based sessions, you’ll be practicing and gaining essential business skills in marketing, sales, client relationships, evaluation, and more to make long-lasting career changes. And you’ll be doing this as authentically and honestly as you design.
The program is for you if…
- You’re stuck on how to turn volunteer and side projects into paid work.
- You’ve been reading endlessly about what you want to do but still cannot figure out how to make it happen.
- You’re struggling with meeting people with whom you want to collaborate.
- You’re feeling discouraged that the only option is to settle in splitting your time between unfulfilling paid work and fulfilling yet unpaid projects.
- You’re unsure of the first step to take towards identifying what people need and want to pay you for.
These alone are reason enough to stop you in your tracks and drown in what to do first. But I’m sure you have bigger hopes and dreams, like:
- You want to feel proud of the projects you work on.
- You want to get paid to do work you care about.
- You want to see a difference in the lives of the people you work with.
- You want to spend your time doing projects that mean something to you.
Katie Crepeau helped me define, organise and prioritise the qualities in projects and people that matter most to me in order to feel engaged with and productive in my work. Her constant support during in-person meetings and via email helped me develop my thoughts quite fast and take active steps towards my career transition. She knew the best questions to ask to help me bring my thoughts on board. I feel much more confident as I’m already in touch with potential collaborators and working towards what I want to do!
Ifigeneia Dilaveraki, Architect, www.ifidil.com
About Katie & The Program
The advising program was born out of hundreds of emails I’ve received over the years from people who are stuck in unfulfilling jobs, burned out from volunteering, and struggling with turning their ideas into paid work. This is the exact thing that I was looking for eight years ago—and still there are very few options for personalized guidance.
As an architect, volunteer, writer, and coach, I’ve dedicated my time, energy, and efforts to social impact design nonstop for eight years. Through many roles and positions I’ve held, the numerous organizations, people and projects I’ve studied, and the hours of architecture and business training I’ve put myself through, I have refocused to work directly with people wanting to do work they care about—and get paid doing it.
I’m also a doer—I like to getting stuff done. Because through putting ideas to practice, you learn and grow. So the Advising Program is about taking action through activity-based learning. It’s about putting human-centered design into business practice. And it’s about getting those ideas out of your head and into the world to practice, improve, and do what you’re meant to do.
We’re a small team at AzuKo and working with Katie helped us gain confidence to embark on impact assessment. We were motivated to capture the wide-ranging impacts of participatory design and she provided us methods to breakdown our strategy into manageable chunks. We now create a theory of change at the outset of every project and we’re testing how to use this effectively throughout the entire project cycle.
Jo Ashbridge, Director, AzuKo, www.azuko.org
Advising Program Details
Here’s what you get when you enroll in the Advising Program:
- (6) Six 50-minute 1-on-1 sessions with me via phone, video, or in-person to use within six months
- Digital playbook of activities to use and repeat after our sessions
- Email or WhatsApp support in between sessions
Sample session topics include:
- Select your most valuable skills and expertise so that you can easily choose roles and projects that meet your bigger career goals.
- Revise your portfolio, CV or website to showcase your value so that potential employers, collaborators, or clients know what you offer.
- Connect with and identify what you can provide beneficiaries, customers or clients so that you build your work around people you care about.
- Discover and propose ideas to potential collaborators and firms so that they remember you and want to work with you.
- Identify latent opportunities and revenue sources so that you diversify your offer and gain repeat clients.
Most importantly, by the end of our sixth 1-on-1 session, you will be proud of, feeling confident in and energized by what you’ve accomplished. And you’ll have a renewed vision for doing and getting paid for work you care about.
Organizations (2-5 people)
$847 (£675) full payment
$150 (£120) per session
Individuals (career or project advising)
$697 (£547) full payment
$120 (£95) per session
Interested? Let’s schedule time to discover what we can do together.
Advising Program FSOs (Frequently Stated Objections)
Aren’t advisors and coaches just glorified therapists?
This can be true because just like therapists, advisors and coaches are unique individuals that come with their own skillsets. My strength in advising and coaching is on taking action and making progress. We can spend time on questions, fears, and anxieties that are holding you back, but by the end, my aim is to have you face those head on by having at least one action to take on.
But I’m not ready to leave my job or change my business.
Just like having a kid, there is no “perfect” time to start exploring what you want to do next. We can find a time when sessions fit our schedules–whether that’s before or after work or even during lunch. You are also in control of how rapidly or slowly you want to change, or if at all. But I’ll leave you with this: if you don’t start now, when will you?
I want to work with marginalized people who don’t have a lot of money. How can I expect to get paid?
There are latent opportunities in delivering products and services to everyone, no matter how big or small their bank account. My specialty is in guiding you to discover options to test with the people you want to work with, and then focus on what’s needed most. Only through asking the right questions, setting up reasonable expectations, and delivering on what you promise will you discover what people value and are willing to pay for.
Still have more questions?
Send them over. I’m happy to answer what’s on your mind and I’ll even steer you towards a better solution if working together isn’t right for us both. I’m not here to waste your time or money!
Advising Program Investment
Organizations (2+ people)
$847 full payment
$150 per session
Individuals (career or project advising)
$697 full payment
$120 per session
Let’s schedule time to discover what we can do together.
My core promise to my clients is that you will learn and practice new skills and gain the confidence you need to make progress towards your career or organization goals. If for any reason you feel unfulfilled, I kindly request we speak honestly and openly about your concerns before cancelling future sessions. I strive for full client satisfaction so I will always try to change and accommodate your needs first.
I look forward to speaking with you!
Seeking a supportive community?
We're creating a program to do work you care about and get paid doing it, with people just like you.
Enter your details to learn more.